Tuesday 14 October 2014

The End Times. A WoC log.

Greetings all.

With the apparent end of The Old world fast approaching, my mind has happily flung my attentions back to the glory that is "The Beautiful Game" and has had me finally stop flirting with my true love.

Chaos.

So my original plan was to do something I had never really done before, a chaos army that stays away from the super fun that is small squads of elite troops, taken from every god and do a mono Khorne army.... That lasted about 34 seconds into my seeing the new BlightKings and as I am going on holiday to the wonderful U.S of A in a few weeks, you can bet I'll be coming home with a bag full of those! Seeing as they're damn near half price compared to what we pay here in Australia!

So here is the start of my Khorne contingent. My main block of warriors/Chosen.







I'm a massive fan of the mixed weapons and gear with chaos armies, I mean who in their right mind is going to tell an eight foot tall, three foot wide armor plated killing machine that his unit is supposed to have a sword and shield and he has to leave that ten foot pike at home? Not me! Plus, I feel that depending on how I want to equip them, I simply fill the front rank with the mini with the required equipment. EASY!

The idea behind this unit, is that they are champions who have fallen in battle against the enemies of Khorne, he claimed their souls, unleashing them upon his enemies when his champions needed the aid of the best he had. I plan on getting the B-E-A-UTIFUL Valkia model to kick some butt with these guys, but I'm not allowing myself to get her before I have painted these blokes.

Speaking of painting, here is a quick picture of how my color scheme and bases will look on these.




I want them to be marching towards battle down a cobblestoned road, could be in The Empire, could be outside Hag Graef, could be anywhere! (Though since a mate of mine has started Dark elves, methinks a few of their corpses on some of the larger models could point to where they really are.

Well that's enough for me for now. I will keep y'all posted on my progress.

And in theme with today's post....

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

4 comments:

  1. Blood Fir the blood god! Skulls for the brass throne of Khorne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really love to see these models a little closer up. Any chance of increasing the image size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy.

      Sorted that one out, stupid me just copy and pasted the whole lot from Warseer!

      Delete
  3. I've pretty much felt the same thing recently. The End Times has made me want to get on with my WoC army.

    I too have a penchant for mixed weapons in units, I think it makes for an interesting silhouette on the battlefield.

    A unit of Black Orcs I've been converting have had the spare banner pole arms turned into long-spears scattered throughout the unit, their background says they plunder various weapons from every battle.
    The Vampire Counts skeletons I'd been working on were going to have mixed hand weapons and spears, I didn't think the recently risen would have the self awareness to get themselves organised into matching units.

    I love the rich red of the armour, can't wait to see your progress on this :)

    ReplyDelete