Wednesday 26 June 2013

Three is company.

Greetings citizens!
How do we all feel this evening?

So it has been a rather dramatic night in Australian politics and the mood in our fair country is somewhat more "not caring at all" than usual.
Though this isnt really a new feeling, as our political climate is something of an active annoyance, rather than something people really notice.

So despite my own self righteous belief that everyone hangs off my every word, lets get to what you're all here to see, HOBBY!

After the drones recent efforts, I have been jumpstarted in my actions and thrown together the start of a few new crew for my additions to our (hopefully up and coming) games.

I call these 3, The Attitude, The Addict and The Animal.


First up, The Addict.


This guy is the start of what i want to show as a Savlar Chem Dogs sniper, a story for him includes rampant drug use (something those sneaky Savlars excell at!), a chaos incursion, a church full of pious Imperial Citizens and a whole mess of cannibalism!

A little unsure what to throw into his (soon to be present) left arm, but he also needs something in that holster, so I'll have to get a gun in there.

Next up, The Animal.




Imperial Beastmen is a concept that I absolutely LOVE! These poor bastard, given no choice to their genetic makeup, loyal to The Imperium and The throne, but cursed by their appearance.
I always wanted to throw together a crew of them, the thought of them spilling the blood of His enemies in repayment of theirs being tainted...

By the gods, it brings a tear to my eye!

I had to slice up an Ungor for this guy, the original model had the cutest little potbelly, this was something that had to be reproduced! So he got about half a centimetre taller and the belly got greened up!

Im tempted to give him a stubby little tail, almost like a goats. Hahaha, GOATMAN!!!

Last up, The Attitude.


 Everyones favorite conversion piece for the last few months, the cultist leader.
Mine got a little mixed up in transit through the warp, the silly bugger thinks hes a Mordian Sergent!
But thats okay, I slapped a uniform on him and am puting him to work against his former comrades!

Im thinking i might put this one forward as the second in command for my band, though I must admit, I am still a little confused as to what sort of crew they will be.

Till next time kids.

Stay safe, stay clean, stay the hell away from Commoragh!

7 comments:

  1. Drugs, cannibalism and pot bellies always makes me think of you, Sam :-)

    Love 'em. Nothing beats an Imperial Beastman for old school cool. The Attitude is one of those perfect conversions that I've seen others do but not as well (where is that head from?).

    Maybe the chem dog should be pointing or holding something up with that missing arm. A severed head? An arm with bite marks. Butchers knife/ cleaver? Drugs?

    We really should play a game or two. Get these painted and we'll talk. I probably should read the damn rules again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring models again. I also like Beastmen in 40K a lot, I am still planning on building a squad of them for my Traitor Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words guys, coming from two like you thats a huge compliment! (Not to mention the ego boost!)

    I have to admit that i am REALLY looking forward to slapping some colours on these guys, especially the goat man!

    Though I am a little unsure about the bolt pistol on the Attitude, i might swap it out for something a little smaller, maybe a Necromunda revolver?

    Regarding his arm, I like the idea of a cleaver, maybe even on his belt with his hand resting on it?

    I am really wanting to game with these guys, though a few read throughs of the rules will be a must on my behalf too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the bolt gun. It's big but it gives him attitude ;-)

    I was thinking of trying to remember how to play Inquisitor. Smaller model counts and smaller tables may mean more freedom to develop stories with out stuff. Necro can just feel like 40k with guilders sometimes. Need to get some D10s...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are brilliant! The beast man is so cool that I am tempted to steal the idea and just copy the model bit for bit ;) And the Mordian Sergeant (who, in all honesty, looks more like a commissar to me) has to be one of the best conversions from that cultist champ I've seen so far. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love all these conversions. The attitude is by far my favourite. Are we going to be seeing mordian colour coats or are we going to be seeing a darker pallet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As stated by others, these are some fantastic models, brimming with character. I particularly like the sniper. His rifle is one of the only nice/ reasonable looking sniper rifles I have seen in 40k :) The idea of him being a Chem Dog is really cool too, his face fits with it perfectly. The cultist leader conversion is excellently implemented too, it is a great model for conversions (it is amazing how it is one of the only trench coats in 40k, something you might imagine would be a lot of in such a grim universe). I tend to agree with your notion of changing his bolt pistol though. I think it is just too big, to the point of absurdity (it is bigger then his torso!). I do not think replacing it with something smaller would diminish his attitude at all. But if you do want to keep it, possibly just remove the scope? That would make it smaller, and would a scope really be needed for such a close range weapon? Just some thoughts. Great work!

    ReplyDelete